Goofbay.com and ebay scam
I found out this morning that all my sales on Ebay are registered on a site in britain called Goodfbay.com - it doesn't matter what you sell, how much you sell, or don't sell, and it doesn't matter what you charge for shipping on Ebay - all those details including how much you made in any given month and how much you charged for shipping along with the photos of your items are displayed right there on goodfbay.com
If you don't believe me go to goofbay.com and tap in your ebay ID and you will see the financial details of every thing you have ever sold. It will also list the details of how much your sales brought in for any given month. When I complained about this invasion of privacy to Ebay this morning they said that goofbay.com was not an affiliate of theirs and they had never heard of this company and would investigate. But goofbay.com IS an affiliate in the sense that Ebay pays Goodfbay for every customer that it sends its way. Despite this, there is a disclaimer on the bottom of Goofbay's home page that says it is not connected with Ebay!
I am sick to death of Ebay selling my privacy in this way. It was a shock to see all my financial details displayed and my photographs. Goofbay could only have got this information from Ebay. This means that no one who sells on ebay is safe or has any right to privacy - their sales figures will be displayed on goofbay for all to see. You can go to goofbay and tap in the ebay ID of any dealer and - hey presto - their details will instantly come up in a few seconds.
Ebay NEVER warned its sellers about this facility. It IS an invasion of privacy. And I have made a complaint this morning but I doubt it will get anywhere. But, if anyone reading this agrees with me, that our financial sales figures should not show up anywhere - least of all on a site in Britain - then please complain to Ebay, this is not right what they're doing.
Thanks, Johnreview #151538
You may also like
- "I rolled over an ad at "Fox News" a few days ago and saw what I thought was a pretty good deal. It was called "SPEEDYBUYS" where items like 42"..."
- "Did my research at local stores and online, looking for a 3 part, deck mount, tub filler faucet. Narrowed it down to brand and model available at local stores for..."
- "This signed block of stamps, allegedly signed by Edwin Aldrin AKA Buzz Aldrin is now listed on eBay, and based on an online opinion from a reputable authentication firm, came..."
- "DON'T GO TO BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE!!!! They don't stand by their product. Once it was delivered. Anything wrong is customer's fault. The technicians are trained to report one evaluation -..."
- "In Filter Mode the spa does not pull water through the filter. Virtually no suction. For past three weeks I have sent photos and mpegs to the Dimension One service..."
- "I purchased a new in ground pool and concrete patio around the pool from Leisure Tech NY late last year. The work is beyond terrible. Their work is sloppy and..."
- "While I had my camper at Campingworld in Caleria Alabama for warranty repairs some clown hit it with another trailer. They never called or told me about it so someone..."
- " Can you imagine someone search for your phone number and having a derogatory racial slur posted as the meaning of your name ? It happened..."
- "I ordered a "SAGE" green dress.. when it arrived it was BRIGHT LIME GREEN!!!. Upon contacting the company they said I couldn't return it as it wa "WHAT I..."