6.8K views

I found out this morning that all my sales on Ebay are registered on a site in britain called Goodfbay.com - it doesn't matter what you sell, how much you sell, or don't sell, and it doesn't matter what you charge for shipping on Ebay - all those details including how much you made in any given month and how much you charged for shipping along with the photos of your items are displayed right there on goodfbay.com

If you don't believe me go to goofbay.com and tap in your ebay ID and you will see the financial details of every thing you have ever sold. It will also list the details of how much your sales brought in for any given month. When I complained about this invasion of privacy to Ebay this morning they said that goofbay.com was not an affiliate of theirs and they had never heard of this company and would investigate. But goofbay.com IS an affiliate in the sense that Ebay pays Goodfbay for every customer that it sends its way. Despite this, there is a disclaimer on the bottom of Goofbay's home page that says it is not connected with Ebay!

I am sick to death of Ebay selling my privacy in this way. It was a shock to see all my financial details displayed and my photographs. Goofbay could only have got this information from Ebay. This means that no one who sells on ebay is safe or has any right to privacy - their sales figures will be displayed on goofbay for all to see. You can go to goofbay and tap in the ebay ID of any dealer and - hey presto - their details will instantly come up in a few seconds.

Ebay NEVER warned its sellers about this facility. It IS an invasion of privacy. And I have made a complaint this morning but I doubt it will get anywhere. But, if anyone reading this agrees with me, that our financial sales figures should not show up anywhere - least of all on a site in Britain - then please complain to Ebay, this is not right what they're doing.

Thanks, John

Had an Experience with GOOFBAY?

Comments

i agree that no financial figures should show other than the item price and sale price. goofbay if i am right is like ebay pulse and is for sellers to research the market on ebay to see what is selling and how much so sellers can sell more affectively so as you see information like this needs to display on there. i find it a wonderful tool in my ebay business.

London, London, United Kingdom #808982

I also sell and buy on Ebay,

I complained to Ebay that my sales data were easily available to see at the touch of a button by anyone including my competitors.

Ebay customer services told me they were not connected to Goofbid and that I should contact them to make a complaint, unfortunately to get hold of them I would need to register with Facebook, and as I don't have a Facebook account for privacy reasons, I was unable to leave my comments.

I am aware that all this information can be worked out through the feedback list already available for all to see, however anyone normally interested in my sales performance would need to sit in front of the computer with a calculator adding up every sale, now Goofbid makes it easy and convenient for anyone to see how much money I have made.

This is an infringment of my privacy to a point.

The people who don't worry about this and leave idiotic comments are the ones who don't sell on Ebay and don't feel involved or they are the culprits that like to spy on other people, but don't like to give anything of their own information away.

London, England, United Kingdom #722336

Im new to ebay and only just discovering goofbay. I must say I found it disturbing to be able to locate all sales from anyones user name. This information wouldnt normally be available if selling through a shop or paper etc. It exposes you to potential tax questions too.

On the other hand I found it useful to see a particular seller was selling a particular rear item a number of times !

Before proceeding to sell anything I think I will make a detailed check of what personal information is made available. I dont think I will use my bank account but open a second account to work with paypal. I will be watchful with any id.

Thank you for raising this issue.

London, England, United Kingdom #646355

The Goofbay site is intended to find items that have got mis-spelt titles, descriptions etc. Congratulations for being one of its biggest contributors!

London, England, United Kingdom #587504

Dear John,

The info you refer to is available to anyone on bay. You are worrying about nothing.

You most probably have mild learning difficulties, so you may find this hard to take in.

All the best

*** Watcher

Amazed this still shows up on searches for Goofbay.

Oh well - Goofbay (now Goofbid) is American NOT British.

It DOES NOT give confidential info.

It gives the info anyone can find by doing a search on ebay.

For me, personally the added advantages are (my favourites that is) a sniping tool and mis-spelling tool.

You are all retarded. Goofbay & Goofbid are nothing and ebay don't give details to anyone.

RETARDS!!!

most of the people that don't like goofbay are just hiding from the tax man

:zzz

eBay don't give GoofBay your info, GoofBay take it like any other member of the public can, through eBay advanced search. There is an option on eBay advanced search to find a member by user ID. Nobody needs GoofBay, it can all be done on eBay itself.

Someone should take ebay and goofbay to court and make a stand against them. Ebay and goofbay have no right to allow this information to be accessed by anyone at any time!

I have no idea what the international data protection laws are like but it shouldn't make a difference. My friend was just able to access all of my selling and buying history from the UK for information on a UK individual. All he would then have to do is buy a cheap item from me, get all my personal info (name, address, email) and who know what he could do with it? Identity fraud, spamming, etc.

Its probably illegal. Don't let them get away with it!!!